Washington Electrical Contractor

The Washington Electrical Contractor is a $4,000.00 bond. This bond is available in 1, 2, or 3 year terms.

Washington Electrical Contractors are required under the Revised Code of Washington section 19.28 to file a Washington Electrical Contractor Bond as a condition of licensure. The bond assures the bonded contractor will comply with all conditions of contractor license law in the state. If the contract commits any violation that may be grounds for disciplinary action against the license, a claim can be filed against his or her Washington contractor’s license bond with the surety company.

Ashton Agency has a 99% approval rate and offers the $4,000 bond required for Washington electrical contractors at some of the most competitive rates available. Let us save you money!

Who needs an electrical contractor bond?

To comply with Chapter 19.28 of RCW, anyone engaging in electrical work must obtain an electrical contractor license from the Washington Department of Labor Industries and either an assignment of savings or a $4,000 surety bond. Licensed electrical contractors must also designate a master electrician or electrical administrator to ensure that your work complies with the appropriate laws and rules.

What is the electrical contractor bond?

The electrical contractor bond protects the party requesting the surety bond, the Obligee, against any financial losses as a result of poor financial choices, damages, unethical decisions, or a failure to adhere to state and local laws on the part of you, the Principal. By obtaining your bond, you are telling the Obligee that you can be trusted and that you stand by your business decisions. The bond is filed for the benefit of consumers who may suffer damages as a result of defective construction or other license law violations, and for the benefit of employees who have not been paid wages that are due to them.

The Washington electrical contractor bond is also known as: electrical/telecommunications contractor bond, telecommunications bond, and electrical bond.

What else do I need besides the bond?

The State of Washington requires that all licensed electrical contractors also submit the following documents with their license application:

  • The Change Assignment of Administrator's/Master Certificate form designating an Administrator or Master Electrician.

  • If you will be hiring employees, you will need an Industrial Insurance account.

Not sure what else you might need to get licensed or renewed? Check out the requirements here!

I have everything I need. What now?

Contractors will submit the original bond form with all other licensing documents to the Washington Electrical Licensing & Certification Division at the following address:

Department of Labor and Industries

Electrical Licensing & Certification

PO Box 44460

Olympia, WA 98504-4460

The Department of Labor and Industries may be reached by phone at (360) 902-5269.

Get bonded within one business day!

Only Ashton Agency can provide you with:

  • The lowest price for your manufactured housing installer bond.

  • Quickest turnaround time.

  • The ability to meet or beat any competitor's pricing.

Many companies offer the Washington electrical contractor bond, but by contacting the Ashton Agency, you can be sure you'll be getting the best price available, not to mention our stellar customer service and insider knowledge of the industry. We've been helping dealers get bonded for more than 45 years. Let us put that experience to work for you today!

Call us now at (800) 452-2663 for a free quote and we will contact you within 24 hours. We can assist you over the phone to ensure you receive your bond quickly and easily!

Don't have time to speak on the phone? Please fill out our easy online application and fax to (503) 253-1353. We can get you started right away!

A Better Price Starts Right Here, Washington!

Let's start with some basic information about your company to get going on your new Bond or Insurance. Please note that anything marked *required must be completed before you can submit the form.

Your Name:*required
Business Name: *required
Must be Exactly as it would appear on license
Business Phone: *required
() -
Bond Or Insurance Type: What State is your Bond or Insurance for?
Electrical Contractor Washington
Email Address:*required Cell Phone
() -

Prefer To Call?
We would love to help you over the phone. Call us at (800) 451-4854!
Get Help Now

East Coast:
(800) 451-4854

West Coast:
(800) 452-2663

Email Us!
Use this form to let us know the basics about your Bond or Insurance Needs. We will contact you within one business day. Please note that anything marked *required must be completed before you can submit the form.

Email Address:*required
Bond or Insurance Type:
Bond State:
Bond Amount: