Maryland Well Driller
The Maryland Well Driller is a $5,000.00 bond.
This bond is available in 1 year term.
Individuals who apply for a pump installer license as a well driller must meet certain qualifications and post a surety bond.
The drilling, construction, deepening, repair, renovation, replacement, cleaning, development, abandonment, and pump installation/repair of the following well types, if greater than 30 feet deep, is regulated by the Administrative Rules for Water Wells and the applicable work must be completed by a licensed water well driller or licensed pump installer:
- Private Water Production Wells (e.g., domestic, stockwater, irrigation, industrial, and commercial wells)
- Public Water System Supply Wells
- Recharge and Recovery Wells
- Cathodic Protection Wells
- Heating and Cooling Exchange Wells (Both closed-loop and open loop vertical systems)
- Test Wells and Monitoring Wells, and Piezometers
- Inclinometers and Dewatering Wells if they affect an established aquifer
Ashton Agency has a 99% approval rate and offers the $5,000 Maryland well driller bond for licensed Maryland well drillers at some of the most competitive rates available. Let us save you money!
Who needs the well driller bond?
In the State of Maryland, professionals who operate well drilling or driving equipment, or engage in the drilling or driving of wells or a person who installs or repairs water well pumping equipment is required to obtain a $5,000 surety bond in compliance with Title 13 of the Environmental Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland. "Driller" means any person who engages in drilling or drilling operations and the installation of pumps and pumping equipment. "Water well driller" means a person who is qualified to engage in the drilling, alteration, or repair of a water well as defined in this chapter.
What is the well driller bond?
The $5,000 well driller bond protects the party requesting the surety bond, the Obligee, against any financial losses as a result of poor financial choices, damages, unethical decisions, or a failure to adhere to state and local laws on the part of you, the Principal. By obtaining your bond, you are telling the Obligee that you can be trusted and that you stand by your business decisions.
The Maryland well driller bond is also known as: Maryland well drill bond, Maryland pump installer bond, and Maryland well installer bond.
What else do I need to obtain or renew my license?
As a requirement for keeping the facility permit, each facility permit holder shall:
(1) Maintain a bond or other security that the Department considers sufficient to cover any cost for:
- (a) Guaranteeing fulfillment of all requirements related to the facility permit;
- (b) Monitoring, maintaining, or closing the controlled hazardous substance facility; and
- (c) Assuring the security of the controlled hazardous substance facility after closing
I have everything I need. What now?
Maryland well drillers will submit the original signed bond form to the Maryland Department of the Environment at the following address:
The Maryland Department of the Environment
1800 Washington Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21230
The Division of Water Well Drillers Program can be reached by phone at (410) 537-3000.
Get bonded within one business day!
Only Ashton Agency can provide you with:
- The lowest price for your water well driller bond.
- Quickest turnaround time.
- The ability to meet or beat any competitor's pricing.
Many companies offer the well driller bond, but by contacting the Ashton Agency, you can be sure you'll be getting the best price available, not to mention our stellar customer service and insider knowledge of the industry. We've been helping dealers get bonded for more than 45 years. Let us put that experience to work for you today!
Call us now at (800) 451-4854 for a free quote and we will contact you within 24 hours. We can assist you over the phone to ensure you receive your bond quickly and easily!
Don't have time to speak on the phone? Please fill out our easy online application and fax to (407) 678-2468. We can get you started right away!
A Better Price Starts Right Here!
Let's start with some basic information about your company to get going on your new Bond or Insurance. Please note that anything marked
must be completed before you can submit the form.
Prefer To Call?
We would love to help you over the phone. Call us at (800) 451-4854!